If you are working in a FontExplorer X Server environment, please make sure that the FontExplorer X Server is updated to version 1.7 before installing this Client version 2.3.3. It is not compatible with older server versions and log in will be prevented.
Changes in Version 2.3.3
- FontExplorer X Pro version 2.3.2 was prevented from logging into FontExplorer X Server 1.7 when the decimal separator of the operating system was a comma or any character other than "."
- It is not possible to remove newly imported fonts from a server set without first logging out and back in again
- When a font is downloaded from a server and then activated via the contextual menu the checkbox will not show a checkmark although the font is activated. Workaround: Click directly on the activation box of the font to download and activate. Checkbox will then show up correctly
- FontExplorer X Pro shows incorrect set / folder information in the source list when a user has only login permissions
- When switching between LDAP nodes after changes have been made to LDAP data, no 'Save' dialogue is shown
- Entering a malformed e-mail address in the Server SMTP settings does not cause an error message
- When trying to send a report from License View using a malformed e-mail address, a success message will erroneously be shown
- After reclaiming all Font Licenses from a machine, the machine name is still shows up in the assigned filtered list, even though there are no fonts listed
- When both FontExplorer X Pro and FontExplorer X Server are installed on Virtual Machines, occasionally all the fonts from a client are reclaimed when using the option "Reclaim Font License > From All Machines" to reclaim a single font from this client
- System-Wide Font Requests are not supported at the moment
- On a multi-user machine (one machine with separate login accounts) FontExplorer X Pro can only be launched by one user. If another user attempts to launch FontExplorer X Pro a message will be displayed: "FontExplorer X Pro is already running in another user session"
- Manually activated PostScript fonts do not display in Adobe applications when font activation is temporary. Workaround: select Activate fonts permanently (required when using Adobe applications) in Options/Advanced panel or activate fonts via the plug-in font request dialog
- The auto-activation setting will not be effective for the Quark XPress Plug-Ins. When opening a Quark XPress document, the plug-in dialog will always open. If all the fonts are available in FontExplorer X Pro simply click on Activate All
- Smart Sets do not work correctly when placed in Folders
- It is not possible to remove newly imported fonts from a server set without logging back on to the server
Adobe Creative Suite applications
- When using Adobe Creative Suite (2,3,4 & 5) products to create new documents, Postscript server fonts that are activated on the server are not displayed in the Font dropdown menu. Postscript fonts in an existing CS document that are activated on a server, will behave properly; the fonts will appear in the Font dropdown menu and can be activated/deactivated appropriately. This issue only applies to PS server fonts, all other font types (TrueType, OpenType) work correctly. The work around is for the customer to update their PS server font to one of these other font formats. Local Postscript fonts will behave properly in Adobe Creative Suite products
- When a font contained in a very long set name is displayed in the plug-in request dialog, the set information is cropped